Sunday, October 6, 2013

Blog post #5


            Concerning the rubric I believe my score is adequate. I will go through the rubric section by section and comparatively critic myself. The first section of the rubric is content. In this section I believe I received 16-20 points depending on the time restraint. I stayed focused on what I wanted to deliver and my purpose, getting my peers to feel like the C.S.F. is acceptable to study.

            Following the content section is the supporting material section. I did fairly well in the section. Two orally cited sources were given which was the requirement. They we’re properly distributed throughout the power point/speech and ranged from an interview source to a journal. They were linked to my delivered points, which is all the column asks.

            The Macrostructure column may have been lacking in points unlike the other sections. I omitted some transitions in the delivery, which takes away from the overall score.  Besides the transitions I felt like it was original in the sense of everyone else’s “attention catchers”, and I felt like I came off as a creditable source of the C.S.F. with the provided information.

            The next section is the microstructure section. I would say I did decent in this section because I talked in a clear manner, no slang or jargon, and it was appropriate for the speech. However, I did include a lot of vocal pauses such as “uhh” or “uhmm” which should be omitted for a better delivery of my speech.

            The two sections, Use of Body and Use of Voice, I feel confident the score is at a minimum of 25 points. The reasoning behind my decided point value is due to my appropriate use of attire, poise, eye contact, and gestures. My voice delivery had inflection, which engaged the audience; also being fluent resulted in an intellectual persona of a creditable source.

            My presentational aids were smooth, and had a uniform layout throughout with a pleasing template color. It was properly credited with in-text citations. It was equipped with large readable text and font. The power point was gestured appropriately in context to the rubric when there were visual aids and when attention needed to be shifted to the power point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment