Sunday, November 3, 2013

Blog Post #7

The source I found for my ethnographic paper is a scholarly article. This article is from the University of Kentucky's library database, which was shown to us in class. The article is a breakdown of certain themes usually found in ministries, especially in a campus environment. These themes they seemed to stumble upon were "Themes of the narrative included the value of accepting others' differences as diversity, the value of creating and building places where people feel “at home,” the importance of personal growth through asking open and honest questions, and healing past hurt” (Mankowski, Eric S. ,Thomas, Elizabeth). All the themes they expressed seemed to strength my argument as I found the same general themes in the C.S.F. Themes of acceptance and diversity, and as Clark said to me in the interview I conducted the he felt the C.S.F. was a place he could bring up the past and get through it with everyone there. The article is a great find as it matches very well with what I was originally saying, and it supports my observations of the C.S.F. as someone else came to the same conclusions as I.

Reference:

Mankowski, Eric S. ,Thomas, Elizabeth. “The relationship between personal and collective identity:A narrative analysis of a campus ministry community.” Journal of Community Psychology. Vol. 28. Issue 5, (Sept. 2000): p517-528. 12p. Academic Search Premier. Web. 3 November 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment